All,

we are seeing some weird issues with the windows client (1.7.26, but hat also seen that with previous 1.7 versions). Often, when attempting to write data, my users get a popup box complaining about insufficient space in the target directory. In those cases, writing the data to the RW path (.cell.name) instead works just fine. Note that the volumes which are being accessed in those cases do NOT have RO replicas, just some of the volumes from which they are mounted. Write access just fails intermittently when accessed through a path which contains OTHER replicated volumes.

So, for example, say that the volume "users" containing the mount points for the individual user volumes is replicated. Then write access to /afs/our.cell/users/joe.user will fail intermittently, while writing to /afs/.our.cell/users/joe.user always works. We use dynroot and SRV records.

I have read the debugging instructions, but I am a little unsure about how we should proceed here. What should I do? Try fs trace?

Thanks,

Christian