On 11/26/2014 09:15 PM, Andrew Deason wrote:
On Wed, 26 Nov 2014 10:51:00 +0100
Hans-Werner Paulsen <h...@mpa-garching.mpg.de> wrote:

Checking the machine I see more than 5 million of afs_inode_cache slab
entries. Is this normal? Any hint how to proceed?
That's not unusual if you are accessing a lot of files (say, about 5
million recently accessed). But having a lot of vcaches in memory can
cause certain operations to be slow; there was a fix just added in
1.6.10 to improve speed for a background cleanup process with lots of
files (well, and PAGs): 94f1d4.
Yesterday, on another machine I created and deleted 4 million files on AFS. The number of afs_inode_cache slabs grew from 1 million to 5 million. Today there are still 5 million entries.