> On 2 Feb 2017, at 08:37, Richter, Michael <m.rich...@tu-berlin.de> wrote:
>
> And the output will be shown in LightDM? I'll give that a try.

Better yet, something like this just works as one would hope:

echo WARNING: Your home directory is almost full.
echo Hit Enter to try to log in, but it may fail.
echo If it does, press Ctrl-Alt-F2, log in on the
echo text screen and free some space. Then log out
echo and press Alt-F7 to get back here.
exit 0

- Stephan

--