On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 09:04:56AM -0500, Michael H Lambert wrote:
> Hi Ben,
>
> On 2018-02-22 00:56, Benjamin Kaduk wrote:
> >
> > Thanks for the report.  It looks like I only tested on FreeBSD 10.3
> > so far (which is still on clang 3.x), but I should be able to get a
> > newer environment pretty easily.
>
> Since 10.3 goes EOL at the end of April (and the whole 10 branch at the
> end of October), 11 is more interesting.

Oh, definitely!  But pre4 wouldn't build on anything newer than 10.3
out-of-the-box, since we haven't been keeping up with the needed
param.h and sysname updates.  pre5 should have that part in place,
at least.

> > Still, it's a bit confusing, because our tree is definitely not
> > pointer-sign clean at all, so I'm a bit surprised that it's getting
> > enabled somehow along with -Werror.  You don't have anything
> > interesting in /etc/make.conf by chance, do you?
>
> Nope:
>
> % more /etc/make.conf
> /etc/make.conf: No such file or directory
>
> This is on a pretty vanilla system.

Okay, thanks.  (Presumably you can pass CFLAGS=-Wno-error to
configure and let the build go farther, if this is blocking your
progress.)

-Ben