On Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 05:44:16PM +0200, Andreas Ladanyi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i red this page http://docs.openafs.org/QuickStartUnix/HDRWQ114.html
>
> In my case the new database server has lowest ip and has no database
> content.
>
> So how is the database synchronised from the old database (old ubik)
> servers which are currently running and with up to date database content ?
>
> Do i have to backup / restore the DB0 files to the new ubik coordintor
> once ? Or should i dont care about because ubik will do all magic for me ?

In short, "ubik will do all magic for you".

The latest database version and the sync-site election are tracked
separately.  There have been occasional bugs in edge cases where
multiple servers go down in close succession that could cause the
"magic" to fail, but adding a new server while the old one remains
running should be just fine.

-Ben