> What I recommend here is to place your local node id in the message
> contents (retrieved via cpg_local_get) and then compare that nodeid to
> incoming messages

Why do you include the local node id into the message? I can compare the
local node id with the sending node id without that, for example:

cpg_local_get(cpg_handle, &local_nodeid);

static void cpg_deliver_callback (cpg_handle_t handle,
                                  struct cpg_name *groupName,
                                  uint32_t nodeid,
                                  uint32_t pid,
                                  void *msg,