On 2013-04-26 21:22, Geoffrey Hutchison wrote:
>> I assume it works like this that OB determines the atom type to be HO (H
>> bound to O).
>
> No, no. This file is like a big translation dictionary. It says "if an atom
> type comes in from a PCModel file with atom type X," that's equivalent to ..
> well, everything on that row. Obviously, this need not be a one to one
> mapping. HO is a particularly good example, since I think PCModel has the
> "MMX" force field and separates between different types of HO hydrogens --
> sorry I can't find the MMX atom type list right now.
>
> So we could, in principal, have the internal atom types as a superset of all
> atom types, but I think this is a bit crazy.
>
> If you want the internal atom typing rules, see data/atomtyp.txt
> (particularly EXTTYP).
>
> Hope that helps,
> -Geoff

Thanks for pointing that out. This means in practice that OB can not
distinguish between all those atomtypes that are used in random
packages, right?

It would still be useful to have a textual description of each OB atom
type, what information there is in atomtyp.txt is not very descriptive.

Box 596, 75124 Uppsala, Sweden. Phone:  +46184714205.
sp...@xray.bmc.uu.se    http://folding.bmc.uu.se