Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 19:20:24 +0900
From: Ryushiro Sugehara <n.sakis...@gmail.com>
Subject: [OpenBabel-Devel] Proposal for a modern C++ codebase
To: openbabel-devel@lists.sourceforge.net

Hi all,

I've created an experimental fork to show a new codebase of openbabel:
https://github.com/openbabel/openbabel/issues/154

My codes are just a demo. It aims to show what will happen if you make a
massive change on the interface.
For further details please see the attached link above.

Tell me what you think:
- Removing legacy codes and writing new implementation creates many
backward-incompatible changes.
   Which do you think is more appropriate: "OpenBabel v3" or an another
brand new project?

- What do you think about introducing C++14 and the Boost library?

- What do you think about dropping support on unpopular language bindings?
   I'm pretty sure that majority of users are using C++ or Python binding.

Since the release has stopped for a long time, I think it's time to change.
Nana Sakisaka