Hi,
I am using a patched version of OB with the force field code to do atomtyping. My code is simply like this:

    std::string forcefield = "gaff";
    auto *ff = OpenBabel::OBForceField::FindForceField(forcefield);

it works fine on some installations (both Linux and Mac) but on other Linux boxes it does not work. The code is installed somewhere in my homedirectory. Environment variable BABEL_DATADIR or BABEL_LIBDIR have no effect as far as I can tell.

Any clues?

Cheers,
Head of Department, Cell & Molecular Biology, Uppsala University.
Box 596, SE-75124 Uppsala, Sweden. Phone: +46184714205.
http://www.icm.uu.se