If you delete all of the plugins you don't want, this will speed things up
for you.

Alternatively, if you make a static build (I forgot the precise
invocation), then the plugins are compiled in rather than loaded
dynamically.

I don't have time right now to go into why plugins are a great idea, but
hopefully the suggestions above will sort out your immediate problems.

Regards,
- Noel