Hi Marie-Noëlle,
What exactly is T.E.S.T.? Google cannot find it.
Without knowing, I'm guessing that you made a 2D structure. MOPAC requires
a 3D structure. Try using --gen3D to make a 3D structure.
If there is still a problem, it means that OB has gotten the units
confused, and it's a bug on our end. If that's the case, please send us the
mol file as an attachment.
- Noel
On 24 April 2012 14:17, Marie-Noelle Pons <
[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi, I am new in using tools such as babel and mopac. I am first running
> a small test on formaldehyde. I have designed the mol file using
> T.E.S.T. from US EPA, then used babel to get from .mol to .mop in
> cartesian units. Now when I run mopac, some atoms are too close one from
> the other. I cannot see how to modify the distances within babel
> (obvkously the distances between atoms are smaller than in the mopac
> example), or is it a pb with T.E.S.T.
> Thanks for your help
> MN P
>
> --
> Dr Marie-Noëlle PONS
> DR CNRS
>
> Laboratoire Reactions et Génie des Procédés (LRGP) - CNRS
> Université de Lorraine
> ENSIC, 1, rue Grandville BP 20451
> F-54001 Nancy cedex, France
>
> tel: (33) 03 83 17 52 77
> fax: (33) 03 83 32 29 75
> e-mail: [email protected]
>
>
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Live Security Virtual Conference
> Exclusive live event will cover all the ways today's security and
> threat landscape has changed and how IT managers can respond. Discussions
> will include endpoint security, mobile security and the latest in malware
> threats. http://www.accelacomm.com/jaw/sfrnl04242012/114/50122263/
> _______________________________________________
> OpenBabel-discuss mailing list
> [email protected]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/openbabel-discuss
>
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live Security Virtual Conference
Exclusive live event will cover all the ways today's security and
threat landscape has changed and how IT managers can respond. Discussions
will include endpoint security, mobile security and the latest in malware
threats. http://www.accelacomm.com/jaw/sfrnl04242012/114/50122263/
_______________________________________________
OpenBabel-discuss mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/openbabel-discuss