Hi,
I'm doing some scripting in Python to minimize ligands and want to run them
concurrently on SMP server (many processes, one core per proc.). The
problem that I hit is that when I run one instance, process take 100% CPU
and runs for ~25min. For the same set if I run 32 concurrent processes it
runs from 60-130 min. Why is that? Server has 32 phisical cores (AMD
Opteron) so there is no turbo mode, like in intel, to produce such power
increase. Script is not doing any IO (at least I don't know of it, it gets
data from MySQL, doing only SELECTs).

How can I debug this issue? Any thoughts?
----
Pozdrawiam,  |  Best regards,
Maciek Wójcikowski
mac...@wojcikowski.pl