> I have some troubles with the --gen3D option. On some files, i have this
> warning : WARNING: damped steplength
> and i can't do anything else after.

There shouldn't be any concern about this. Basically, it's suggesting that the
initial geometry is a bit crude. Often the resulting 3D geometry is rougher
than you might expect.

But it wouldn't cause invalid output or anything like this. You say "I can't do
anything else after," which I guess means that it seems to hang?

Can you send us an example file?

Thanks very much,
-Geoff