On 10/25/2013 01:48 PM, Geoffrey Hutchison wrote:
>> (I would naively expect "CC" + "CCO" to produce "CCCC" and H2O, but
>
> There are obviously multiple possible *chemical* things one could
imagine. But there’s no way code can or should make assumptions about
chemical transformations.

It's because my naive idea of a "molecule" is a thing with atoms and
bonds. So if I define
 molecule + molecule = molecule
I expect the result to be a single molecule with a bond where the '+' was.

I.e. I'd expect
OBMol + OBMol = OBMol to be something that creates a bond whereas
OBMol + OBMol = (OBMol, OBMol) is a set of disjoint molecules, no
strings attached.

--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin