On 2013-12-03 22:28, Geoffrey Hutchison wrote:

> Craig's point is not that CIP is impossible, but rather from a
practical implementation side, it's easier to use other local stereo
designations. I might be wrong, but the codes that I can think of with
CIP implementations are all commercial, and as part of structure -> name
features. Both CIP and IUPAC name generation are really painful.

Painful or not, RDKit has CIP. From software dependencies POV I'd prefer
to not have to use 2 different kits, but until you guys convince your
peers CIP is sooo last century and everybody changes their data models,
I'll take what works.

OE has it too, apparently, but they won't let me check their code out
because I'm in .edu and not a PI. (Plus we're a public database, they
seem to have an issue with those.)

Dima