On 04/14/2014 08:51 AM, David Hall wrote:
> Can you explain what parts of the file are not compatible that you are
> looking at? Residue numbering? Temperature Factors? Testing briefly, it
> appears the coordinates agree, so knowing that fields you are looking to
> preserve would be useful.

SEQRES, temperature factors, the whole header from TITLE to MTRIX... The
diff is almost 7MB, I don't think you want to look.

IMO even half-way complete conversion is way beyond OpenBabel's job
description so I wouldn't bother wasting any time on it. Extracting
OBMol from PDB entry is probably hard enough (e.g. what do you do with
NMR structure with 50 models and REMARK 210 BEST REPRESENTATIVE
CONFORMER IN THIS ENSEMBLE : 19,23,42).

--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin