On 05/23/2017 12:24 PM, Marcos Villarreal wrote:

> I agree with you in principle, but consider the following not uncommon
> scenario. We are working on docking  (autodock vina) whose score depends on
> atom typing. As you know the ligands come in different formats, usually
> pdb, mol2 or sdf. We would expect to obtain the same docking result
> regardless the input format.

Why? PDB files contain a 3D structure, complete with stereo config
(because that's how the crystal structure works). MOL/SDF doesn't have
to include 3D coordinates, nor any usable stereo flags. Unless all my
MOL/SDFs were generated from PDBs with zero information loss, I wouldn't
expect anything from them.

--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin