Good points, all. Yes - the mapping to a reference molecule should work.
The following blogpost should help:
https://baoilleach.blogspot.co.uk/2010/11/automorphisms-isomorphisms-symmetry.html

Have a look at that, and I'll talk you through the details if you have
questions. OBMol.RenumberAtoms will be needed in the end - I'm not sure
though how well tested this is.

- Noel