John,

Is this the SMILES you're trying to generate from the first thiol?

S(CCC(=O)NC1CCN(CC1)Cc1ccccc1)SCCC(=O)NC1CCN(CC1)Cc1ccccc1

Assuming so, my favorite shortcut is by using a dot-disconnected SMILES
<http://opensmiles.org/opensmiles#_other_uses_of_ring_numbers_and_dot_bond>.
Attaching the number 91 to your first sulfur as an example,

obabel -:"S%91CCC(=O)NC1CCN(CC1)Cc2ccccc2.S%91CCC(=O)NC1CCN(CC1)Cc2ccccc2"
-osmi

Cheers,
Ben