Hi Eduardo,

As I understand - you are trying to read back Vina docked conformers of
your small molecules.
Maybe I can suggest a different approach, which I implemented in ODDT.
Instead of reading back the molecules and recreating bonds, you could read
back just the 3D conformer onto an original molecule (without touching the
bond orders at all). See
https://github.com/oddt/oddt/blob/master/oddt/docking/AutodockVina.py#L285

Additionally, you could use either OB and RDKit, the latter has some more
boilerplate in ODDT, where you can write the RDKit molecules straight to
PDBQT for Vina.
https://github.com/oddt/oddt/blob/a3ff8b84b3abf986ad5bdbfebc9ef96cb8a84d8c/oddt/toolkits/extras/rdkit/__init__.py#L353

The bottom line is the same for both toolkits - you do not care what the BO
are after docking as long as you have the original molecule in place.

Best,
Maciek

----
Pozdrawiam,  |  Best regards,