Hello all,

I have recently tried migrating an OsmoNITB setup to the new standard using
mostly this guide right here:
https://osmocom.org/projects/cellular-infrastructure/wiki/Osmocom_Network_In_The_Box

<https://osmocom.org/projects/cellular-infrastructure/wiki/Osmocom_Network_In_The_Box>

However, while my nanoBTS works perfectly fine in the old setup, it just doesn
not work at all in the new one. When I start osmo-bsc the LED on the BTS starts
flashing green after a few seconds and then stops flashing and just stays green
all the time, which is the expected behaviour. Unfortunately though, after
another couple of seconds, the LED starts flashing green again and then turns
red.

This is what the log shows:
BTS 0: Failure Event Report: Type=processing failure, Severity=critical
failure, Probable cause=Manufacturer specific values: Fatal software error,
Additional Text=l2_bch.c:1154

****

** l2_bch.c#1154:BCHbcchSItypeValid( prim_p->infoType )

** IPA_SW_FATAL_ERROR

** In task "TRX Proc:L2_BCH" @ (1063).

****

.

BTS 0: Failure Event Report: Type=processing failure, Severity=critical
failure, Probable cause=Manufacturer specific values: Fatal software error,
Additional Text=TRX Proc:L2_BCH:l2_bch.c#1154 (1063).

BTS 0: Failure Event Report: Type=processing failure, Severity=warning level
failure, Probable cause=Manufacturer specific values: Software warning,
Additional Text=31385:WARN:OAM_RES:trx_fatal_error_log.c#255:TRX has logged the
error:

.

BTS 0: Failure Event Report: Type=processing failure, Severity=warning level
failure, Probable cause=Manufacturer specific values: Software warning,
Additional Text=31385:WARN:OAM_RES:trx_fatal_error_log.c#256:TRX
Proc:L2_BCH:l2_bch.c#1154 (1063)

.

BTS 0: Failure Event Report: Type=processing failure, Severity=critical
failure, Probable cause=Manufacturer specific values: Fatal software error,
Additional Text=BCHbcchSItypeValid( prim_p->infoType ).

BTS 0: Failure Event Report: Type=processing failure, Severity=warning level
failure, Probable cause=Manufacturer specific values: Software warning,
Additional
Text=31385:WARN:OAM_RES:trx_fatal_error_log.c#260:BCHbcchSItypeValid(
prim_p->infoType )

20180328072641280 DLINP <0013> input/ipaccess.c:247 Sign link vanished, dead
socket

20180328072641281 DLINP <0013> input/ipaccess.c:71 Forcing socket shutdown with
no signal link set

20180328072641282 DCTRL <000e> osmo_bsc_ctrl.c:160 No more BTS connected,
sending TRAP.

Now I'm not claiming that my config is already 100% correct but I feel like
this isn't a configuration issue. I'm using the most recent nightly builds of
the entire osmocom library.

Does anyone know what could be at fault here?

Kind regards,

Michael Spahn