> I can see the BTS attempting to connect to the BSC, but after the "Set
> Radio Carrier Attributes" request from the BSC, the BTS sends a NACK
> and the OML link is dropped.

I think this might be misleading. This post
https://www.mail-archive.com/openbsc@lists.osmocom.org/msg10239.html
inspired me to use an SDR to check for BTS activity and sure enough it
does briefly transmit and then stop. The Telnet log shows "TRX is not
responding - reinitialising the unit..." and it looks like the BTS
reboots shortly after. I swapped out the 1800MHz BTS for an 850MHz
version and had the same behaviour. To rule out a PoE problem I
swapped out the genuine ip.access injector for another known good PoE
source but the issue remained.

I did see the photos on the Wiki ofa NanoBTS with bad caps. Is that a
known issue? Visually the capacitors look fine in both units.
Unfortunately the 1800MHz model has some quite serious corrosion
inside and looks like some compartments have been flooded with sea
water or something caustic. The PCB is in reasonable condition but
some vias are damaged - it might be beyond repair.

Unless anyone has some inspiration I don't think it's worth digging
too deeply into the Osmocom side as it's likely hardware issues.

Thanks
Matthew / marrold