On Thu, Nov 24, 2016 at 08:51:15PM +0100, Pau Amaro-Seoane wrote:
> Hi Josh:
>
> Apologies for the long delay. This was about my pf.conf blocking all
> traffic. You asked me to post the ifconfig and dmesg. Here you are
> both. I will get into point 3 of your list in a moment (not months
> this time!)

Thank you for posting your dmesg(8).  It shows you are currently running
6.0-release, without any errata patches applied, that the architecture
is amd64, and that this is a Lenovo Thinkpad X220 series computer.

I am typing on an X220 at the moment. :)

It shows you have an em(4) driven  wired Ethernet NIC, the Intel 82579LM
the same as I do, and that you have an iwn(4) driven WiFi Ethernet NIC,
the Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205.  My X220 has a different WiFi NIC,
the Realtek 8188CE which uses the rtwn(4) driver.  You also have an
Ericsson 3G card, which uses the umodem(4) driver.

Thank you for posting your ifconfig(8) output.  It shows that the
wired Ethernet NIC, em0, is not connected, and that your WiFi NIC,
iwn0, has been configured to use IPv4 and is on a private LAN in the
192.168.x.x range.  It is also using 802.11n.  Lucky you. :)
It also shows that your 3G card is not currently configured for
use as a NIC.