I am not quite sure I actually understand properly what you want to
achieve, but it shouldn't be possible to "rsync programs". If it is
actually possible, it is not a proper way to do it.

I recomment getting all the installed programs on the existing drive, e.g:
$ pkg_info -m | tee myinstalledprograms
and then sending myinstalledprograms, say, as an attachment to yourself to
your e-mail address. After a fresh install on new hdd, donwload your
myinstalledprograms and
$ doas pkg_add -l myinstalledprograms
Also, you may save your ~/.xinitrc /etc/rc.local /etc/pf.conf.local and
other config stuff as a *.tar.gz and recreate your config on new install
within minutes.