To fix this bug, I replaced line 2576 in OpenSSL.pm
$smime->encrypt(CERTIFICATE  => $sign_x509)
with
$smime->encrypt(CERTIFICATE  => $enc_x509)

I was having the same problem with unreadable CRIN-mail, and so I updated the file with this fix and re-installed OpenCA. Unfortunately, now the RA won't send email at all.

I have confirmed that send_mail_automatic is set to yes, and that sendmail is configured correctly. I can send the generated crin mails (from var/temp/mail/crins) by hand, but they are still unreadable.

The problem is mostly just an annoyance at this point, as we have another (later) version of OpenCA running, and generating CRIN-mail correctly.

Are the CRIN-mail messages the only way to revoke certificates? Is there a way for the admin to revoke a certificate without having the CRIN code: [ revocation pin ]? Or to find out the CRIN code?

For example, to revoke the certificate of a user who is no longer affiliated with the CA orginization.

Kevin