On Mon, 14 Jun 2004, Til Obes wrote:
The problem is, that the node interface wanted to send the mail number 2,
but the mail 8.msg was imported from the ca.
This is a bug i think.

*** Hmmm, I'm not sure about this.

I think when you create certificate, openca creates an email for user. So you can create 5 certificates, openca creates 5 emails (1,2,3,4,5). Mailcounter is 1 (to send email number 1). When you exchange this data to lower hierarchy, it should be the same as on CA. So for example, on RA mailcounter is 1 and there are 5 emails (1,2,3,4,5).

The other day you create another certificate (number 6) and openca creates new email (6). When you exchange data, you will see, that email number 6 was imported (or downloaded or how is it called:)). So you got mail number 6 in RA, but you still haven't sent emails number 1,2,3,4,5 so now you should sent email number 1.

In openca 0.9.1-8 there are two versions of Send email. The first one sends all unsent emails (the emails with number equal or greater that value from mail counter). The second version reads number of the email you want to send/resend. I hope I understood this functionality correct.

Bye.

Robert Wolf.

From Windows to Linux, servers to mobile, InstallShield X is the
one installation-authoring solution that does it all. Learn more and