Did you review this page:
http://wiki.opencog.org/wikihome/index.php/EquivalenceLink

Most of what is done there is done without the LambdaLink ... but then,
that wiki page was written before LambdaLink existed, and the vairable
scoping is implicitly assumed.

If you expect PLN to manipulate these structures, it would be wise to first
test PLN, and see if they actually work as expected.  They may not .. they
may be un-implemented.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/opencog/CAHrUA35JZ8FO8H4z%2B_ONQVg3QiWTaUn%2BvEoodNV_3M%3DM1LpJ5w%40mail.gmail.com.