Actually 14.04 ships with 4.8, only 14.10 ships with 4.9.

I guess that precludes from raising the minimum...

Nil

On 06/15/2017 05:38 AM, Nil Geisweiller wrote:
Hi,

I'd like to raise the minimum required version of gcc from 4.8 to 4.9. The latter has a much better support for C++14.

I don't think it bothers anyone since Ubuntu 14.04 ships with gcc 4.9, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Nil

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/opencog/a280c5bf-4c24-6a22-d78e-bacfb21f29b4%40gmail.com.