Hi Adrian. I think you missed my point.

The goal is to not write code at all, not in java, not in clojure, not in
scala, not in scheme, not in python and not in C++. The goal is to have the
machine write it's own code.  The language that the machine writes in is
atomese.

Why atomese, and not java, clojure. scala, python, scheme c++? Because
atomese has been designed for introspection.  Tht is, it has been
intentionally designed to look like the intermediate language used in a
compiler, a lot like Gimple in GCC, or the IR in LLVM. The opencog atomese
intentionally looks like gimple and IR and intentionally does NOT look like
bytecode!

Atomese has also been designed to resemble a relational algebra (aka SQL,
or the W3C html query languages). Also, atomese has been designed to be a
kind of KR language similar to famous old KR languages, such as prolog or
STRIPS.  Its done this way NOT FOR HUMANS, but to allow the machine to
introspect and manipulate structures.

Atomese has also been designed to resemble a rule language, such as DROOLS.

Stop thinking of programming languages that humans use. This is NOT ABOUT
HUMANS! Its not about the language that is easy for some human programmer
to use. If you are a human, scala and clojure are fun, but that is just not
what this is about.  We want less human-written code, not more.

--linas

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/opencog/CAHrUA34t6SEm3SpXAaSDuUyzW7S3SJ0fA_negmKgm3N1puefkg%40mail.gmail.com.