Awesome! I installed VSCode and immediately like it!
Which Scheme extension did you install? Is it this one:
https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=sjhuangx.vscode-scheme

Thanks,
Shujing

On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 8:47 AM, Nil Geisweiller <ngeis...@googlemail.com>
wrote:

> [...]
>

> On 03/01/2018 08:19 AM, Nil Geisweiller wrote:
>
>> I've just realized an open source branch of Visual Studio exists, VSCode.
>> I've tried it, it's surprisingly good, it's lean, not tones of junk getting
>> in your way (unlike the old versions of VS I remember). I was able to
>> install some scheme extension and it got my scheme files highlighted. I
>> don't how far it can go, but I feel this has definitely potential.
>>
>> Nil
>>
>> On 03/01/2018 01:21 AM, Shujing Ke wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> If there is no any real time debugger for scheme with inspector, then I
>>> would just try to use spacemacs as Nil recommended.
>>>
>>> I debug c++ code with qt creator by attaching to debugger to process.
>>>
>>> Shujing
>>>
>>> On Wed, Feb 28, 2018 at 9:01 PM, Linas Vepstas <linasveps...@gmail.com
>>> <mailto:linasveps...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>>

>>>     On Wed, Feb 28, 2018 at 1:39 PM, Amirouche Boubekki
>>>     <amirouche.boube...@gmail.com <mailto:amirouche.boube...@gmail.com>>
>>>     wrote:
>>>
>>>     > AFAIK, there is not step debugger in Guile like gdb where you can
>>> inspect
>>>     > values at runtime etc...
>>>     > except if you do live coding and embed an REPL in you app, but I
>>> am not sure
>>>     > this is supported by opencog...
>>>
>>>     So: First, the default mode for opencog is to run the guile REPL and
>>>     load opencog as a module.  You can even start the cogserver that
>>>     way.  So whatever the guile repl offers, its available for opencog.
>>>
>>>     To debug the C++ code, you can start guile in gdb, then load the
>>>     opencog modules. Nil has a bunch of gdb macros set up to print
>>>     assorted C++ objects.
>>>
>>>     How hard is it to write an ecplise module? If eclipse already has
>>>     modules for racket, sch48, why not just make a copy of one or the
>>>     other, and then edit it, and change racket into guile?  Then you'd
>>>     have a guile module for eclipse, right?
>>>
>>>     --linas
>>>

>>>     --     cassette tapes - analog TV - film cameras - you
>>>
>>>     --     You received this message because you are subscribed to the
>>> Google
>>>     Groups "opencog" group.
>>>     To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it,
>>>     send an email to opencog+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com
>>>     <mailto:opencog+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>.
>>>     <mailto:opencog@googlegroups.com>.
>>>     Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/opencog
>>>     <https://groups.google.com/group/opencog>.
>>>     To view this discussion on the web visit
>>>     https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/opencog/CAHrUA379gBZu6ss19
>>> Er_6%2BRCbG8gaizA0%3Dj8BMGaLdEuzjJMQA%40mail.gmail.com
>>>     <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/opencog/CAHrUA379gBZu6ss1
>>> 9Er_6%2BRCbG8gaizA0%3Dj8BMGaLdEuzjJMQA%40mail.gmail.com?utm_
>>> medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

>>>     <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.
>>>

>>> --
>>> gid/opencog/CALpD4-Kh5u2zZWAMAy8xZUTksqK9N83sUMe2mtzNRcz0j3L
>>> dKg%40mail.gmail.com <https://groups.google.com/d/m
>>> sgid/opencog/CALpD4-Kh5u2zZWAMAy8xZUTksqK9N83sUMe2mtzNRcz0j3

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/opencog/CALpD4-JL5z9bH9tRUwtg6Fo8kXFx8pqdxXkSmJYGzk1Qm1CNdQ%40mail.gmail.com.