Kevin Cernekee wrote on 11/13/18 8:22 AM:
On Fri, Nov 9, 2018 at 1:51 PM Tom Rodriguez <tom.rodrig...@oracle.com> wrote:
I've been happily using openconnect with ocproxy but a while back I
upgraded my link and I realized that each connection is topping out at
about 1.5MB/s.  This is measured with wget.  If I use openconnect
directly then I get the full bandwidth as I'd expect.  The other thing I
noticed is that if I run multiple downloads then I can actually saturate
the link but the individual downloads always top out at 1.5MB/s.  This
is true for both mac and linux which sort of surprises me.  Any
suggestions for a cause or how to investigate further?  Thanks!

On Linux I've mostly been using vpnns (from the ocproxy package) since
that lets the kernel handle TCP/IP.  Does that help or is the
bottleneck elsewhere?

Thanks, I wasn't aware of that command. That does indeed fix the throughput problem on linux though I'll have to rework some things to take advantage of it. Unfortunately it's not available for the Mac. I can work with it though. Having a partial solution is better than none.

So that suggests that the bottleneck is really in ocproxy. Clearly openconnect can communicate with the tunnel process efficiently enough to support the throughput. I've investigated ocproxy before to see if there was something wrong with the LWIP configuration that was limiting throughput but didn't see anything. Anyway, thanks for the vpnns tip.

tom