Thanks for the submission.  I like i & iii and can input the changes (unless
there is another volunteer).  I have some misgivings about ii --adding a
gl-specific customization for libs
and includes.  Do you object to CFLAGS, CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS for this purpose
(and which also accommodate many other customizations)?
Regards,
Pete