I've found a similar problem on Linux -- both with the CVS source (Mar 4
updated) AND with the Mar 3 RPMS.  It looks as if the dx script isn't
reading the environment variable DXMACROS.  If I start with dx -macros
/usr/local/dx/samples/macros everything is OK.  If is use export DXMACROS=
[same] dx can't find them.

The problem seems to come from the part of the script that tries to append
the JXMACROS stuff to the DXMACROS.  The string dx script creates looks OK
dxexec or whatever can't seem to read it properly.  If I comment out the
lines in dx which relate to JXMACROS it seems to be OK.  Perhaps the longer
string is too big for the allocated space??  Note that this only happens
when the build creates the JXMACROS directories.

Hope this helps.