I was trying to test the changes made in CVS that make ImageMagick 5.2
useable, but I got numerous undefined symbols when making dxexec. There
were 2 undefined text symbols in dxmods - _dxf_DecodeImage and
_dxf_EncodeImage and bunch in libLIBDX (all I can recall now is
_dxf_Triangle and _dxf_TriangleFlat(?).  All others were also _dxf_ text
symbols. (I am at home now and do not have all the specifics).

The only difference to my system is I have upgraded to ImageMagick 5.2,
but OpenDX 4.1.0 still builds fine with it.  I saw that Randall had
problems with libz and creating symbol tables, but I have not had that
problem before and I have symbol tables. I did build the libraries without
libz anyways and still got the same errors.

Some of the libraries used in linking dxexec are slightly different from
my dx4.1.0 build, so I did try the same libraries (and order) from 4.1.0.

Any suggestions?

Also, I had done a new CVS checkout and had the same problem that Randy
Polson had reported - that _comparse.h was not created. I used his
suggestion to create it.

Jeff

Jeff Braun                        Geophysics Dept.
mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]          Montana Tech
(406) 496-4206                    1300 W. Park St.
                                  Butte, MT 59701