I have DX/CVS updated to the libtool branch.

For that I have:

  libtoolize (GNU libtool15) 1.5
  aclocal (GNU automake) 1.5
  autoheader (GNU Autoconf) 2.57
  automake (GNU automake) 1.5
  autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.57

When I do the ./CVSMake, I get:

$ ./CVSMake
#!/bin/sh -v
# These are the steps that must be done after a make maintainer-clean
# in order to ./configure this package.

libtoolize15 --force && \
aclocal && \
autoheader257 && \
automake -a -i && \
autoconf257
You should update your `aclocal.m4' by running aclocal.
configure.ac: 9: `automake requires `AM_CONFIG_HEADER', not `AC_CONFIG_HEADER'
configure.ac: 964: automake requires `AM_PROG_LEX', not `AC_PROG_LEX'
automake: configure.ac: `AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE' must be used
$

There seems to be something wrong with the DX automake files, that causes the
CVSMake to bail out before continuing with the autoconf script. And so the
configure script is not there!

---------------

Running these steps individually:

$  libtoolize15 --force
You should update your `aclocal.m4' by running aclocal.
$ aclocal
$ autoheader257
$ automake -a -i
configure.ac: 9: `automake requires `AM_CONFIG_HEADER', not `AC_CONFIG_HEADER'
configure.ac: 964: automake requires `AM_PROG_LEX', not `AC_PROG_LEX'
automake: configure.ac: `AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE' must be used
$ autoconf257
$

Then there is a configure script generated.

-----------------------

$ ./configure  --prefix=/opt --x-includes=/usr/local/include
--x-libraries=/usr/local/lib
checking for gawk... gawk
checking build system type... i386-unknown-freebsd4.8
checking host system type... i386-unknown-freebsd4.8
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking dependency style of gcc... none
checking for ld used by GCC... /usr/libexec/elf/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/libexec/elf/ld) is GNU ld... yes
checking for BSD-compatible nm... /usr/bin/nm -B
checking whether ln -s works... yes
./ltconfig: ./ltconfig: No such file or directory
configure: error: libtool configure failed
$

Any idea why all this is not properly working?

Thanks,
Rob.