Hello developers,

As part of a bioinformatics project, I have developed several
runtime-loadable modules that may be of general interest.
Before contributing them to the public (or inflicting
them upon the innocent, depending on your point of view)
I was wondering if someone(s) on this list might be willing
to give them a once-over. I'm especially interested in
advice on their interface, comments on usability, etc.

These modules augment DX's string handling capabilities.
(Some of this might be better done as enhancements to
Compute, but I didn't want to go there...) Anyway,
here's a brief rundown:

        strFormat - 'souped up' Format, e.g., can format
                        a table into a string list
        strParse - 'souped up' Parse. e.g., can parse a
                        string list into a table
        strSplice - substring manipulation: extraction, insertion, deletion
        strJoin - 'vertical' string concatenation, with separators
        strRegex - finds regular expression matches
        strRegsub - makes substitutions at regex matches
        strRegsplit - splits strings at regex matches.
                (The regex modules use GNU regex.c)

I have compiled them only under solaris, so I have no idea what
kind of portability problems may lurk. They just
use standard C string functions, so it shouldn't be too bad.

If you are interested/willing to test them out or at
least look over the man pages, please let me know.
Thanks in advance!

Joel

Joel Richardson, Ph.D.          [EMAIL PROTECTED]
The Jackson Laboratory          Phone:  (207) 288-6435
600 Main Street                 Fax:    (207) 288-6132
Bar Harbor, Maine 04609         URL:    www.informatics.jax.org