Just install them in /usr/local/lib and it should find them there.

David

Thanks for the tip, David.

Unfortunately it did not work. dxconfig.h does not seem to affect about
the compilation behavior. I had to use project/solution explorer to get
rid of the library links as well as the source files. But then I would
encounter many error messages complaining missing methods related to
cdf/netcdf/hdf. etc.

Hence I decided to compile and install those libraries on cygwin. Still,
VisualDX would complain about the same message of not been able to find
files related to those libraries even though they are in my cygwin
installation. Is there a way to refresh/specify the header
file/library search path under cygwin? I could not find anything resemble
the way people do that kind of stuff in linux.

Please advise and many thanks!

Jack

David L. Thompson                   Visualization and Imagery Solutions, Inc.
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]    5515 Skyway Drive, Missoula, MT 59804
                                    Phone : (406)756-7472