Hi there,

I'm seeing some strange behavior when I switch from software
rendering to hardware rendering when looking at volume
rendered data.  In particular, when I look at
VolumeRenderingSimple.net with software rendering I can
correctly see through the slab and make out the 3-dimensional
shape within.  However, when I switch to hardware
rendering (in the Rendering Options panel) the interior
shape disappears (the volume becomes opaque) and I only
get a projection of the interior shape onto 2 of the 6 planes
bounding the volume.

Am I doing something wrong here, or is my hardware
just not up to snuff?

I'm using an SGI Octane with SI graphics (which I'm
told is the basic board) on IRIX 6.4,
and this is for openDX 4.0.5 from the binary archive.

Thanks!

don.

| Donald J. Siegel                        116 E Del Rio |
| [EMAIL PROTECTED]                     Tempe, AZ 85282 |
| Physics Dept, Univ of Illinois         (480) 965-8509 |
     **Present location: Arizona State University**