Hello,

My goal is a simple, I have x , y, and z
stored as two dimensional arrays.  In other words
I have x[i][j], y[i][j], and z[i][j].  As you can see
this is a two dimensional surface; i corresponds to the
radius and j corresponds to an angle.  So this is a two
dimensional surface in polar coordinates.

I want to plot this surface and I am a little confused about
the syntax I have to use to create the right field.

Everything is initialized:

  Array data_array = NULL;
  Array pos_array = NULL;
  Array connect_array = NULL;
  Field outfield = DXNewField();

This surface contains no data as of now:

data_array = DXNewArray(TYPE_DOUBLE, CATEGORY_REAL, 0);
 if(! data_array)
   goto error;
 if(! DXAddArrayData(data_array, 0, *r_index_max_data* *nphi_data,NULL))
   goto error;

The positions array is built from x, y, and z:

pos_array = DXNewArray(TYPE_DOUBLE, CATERORY_REAL,1, 3);
 if(! pos_array)
   goto error;
 if(! DXAddArrayData(pos_array,0, *r_index_max_data * *nphi_data, NULL))
   goto error;

/**************** SYNTAX CONFUSION HERE *****************/

for(i=0;i<*r_max_index_data; i++)
   DXAddArrayData(pos_array,i * *phi_data, *phi_data,
DXPt(x[i],y[i],z[i]));

The connections are along the indexes:

 connect_array = DXNewArray(TYPE_INT, CATEGORY_REAL, 1, 4);
 if(! DXAddArrayData(pos_array,0, *r_index_max_data * *nphi_data, NULL))
   goto error;

/**************** SYNTAX CONFUSION HERE *****************/

connect_array = DXMakeGridConnections(2, *r_index_max_data, *nphi_data);
 if(! connect_array)
   goto error;

How do I make positions from x[i][j], y[i][j], and z[i][j] ?
How do I make connection along is and js?

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Dmitry Meyerson