On 02/03/2010, Marco Morandini <morand...@aero.polimi.it> wrote:
> On 03/01/2010 09:07 PM, e-letter wrote:
>> Readers,
>>
>> A previous post is in the web forum but today I want to use the mailing
>> list. :)
>
> :)
>

>> I used the data prompter function to attempt to import data in csv
>> format. The data set consists of three columns of data, to make a 3D
>> plot. Import was achieved using the following configuration options in
>> the 'data prompter' dialogue window:
>>
>> spreadsheet format file
>>      data organisation: table
>>      column delimiter: ","
>>
>> The command 'visualise data' produces a 'control panel' dialogue
>> window with a 'comment' dialogue window, to advise that the columns in
>> my imported data set can be associated, or mapped, to the 3D xyz
>> co-ordinates.
>>

>> Is this an installation problem?
>
> Yes: many distributions tend to ship the macros and samples as a
> separate packege (they live in a different cvs root, btw), not realizing
> that the macros are very important.
>
>> Can I get the missing tools
>> separately? I installed originally using a mandriva repository.
>
> I'm not a mandriva user, but if I understand correctly they have moved
> the macros inside the devel package
>
> http://doc4.mandriva.org/bin/view/d4/component/dx-samples?d=#packages

This internet address did not work, but I obtained the modules by
installation of the development package. So, I have both opendx and
opendx-devel installed.

Thank you.

I have realised that the graph is produced by is not visible in the
image window. I use the 'options' menu to open the 'view control'
dialogue window. Then I change the 'set view' function to 'diagonal'.
After this I can see a graph.

I am seeking to create 3d graphs like gnuplot, e.g.
http://gnuplot.sourceforge.net/demo_4.2/pm3d.html. Can someone suggest
the parts of the documentation I should read?