Hi Thaddeus, thank you for the reply and sorry for me being late now...!

Thaddeus Thomas wrote:
1) do you see anything on the "console" terminal window or in SysLog
2) could it be that its trying to connect to the DX server which is not running?

Well, I hoped that the DX server would get started locally? The command I use is:

dx -verbose -program my.net -execute -image

I get

"Starting DX user interface"

and then (due to the -verbose option) the complete environment printed to the screen. Is it possible that dx does not find the input data and just hangs there? I first guessed that it may just work on processing, but my system is idle.

Cheers, Lars.