Hi Andrew,
The dm+d medication model does contain these concepts and it was used as the
basis for constructing the
Australian Medicines Terminology (AMT) - Julie and Hugh (original authors of
dm+d)
came to Australia to help with this process.

The result (AMT) was handed to the Australian National eHealth Transition
Authority (NeHTA)
by a joint MSIA/DoHA working group over 4 years ago!
Since then NeHTA have "simplified it" and populated the structures at least for
PBS medications and are currently working on the rest
of the non-PBS medications

How much has been removed as part of the "simplification" I am unclear

You can access the AMT by going to the NeHTA Web site and registering for a
SNOMED licence (free for Australians).
You will then be able to download the AMT

Regards
Vince

Dr Vincent McCauley MB BS, Ph.D
CEO, McCauley Software Pty Ltd www.mccauleysoftware.com