From: openehr-clinical-boun...@openehr.org
[mailto:openehr-clinical-bounces at openehr.org] On Behalf Of Heather Leslie
Sent: Monday, July 06, 2009 5:09 PM
To: For openEHR clinical discussions
Subject: Re: Adverse Reaction archetype - review round initiated

Hi Grahame,

The current scope for Adverse Reaction is the initial ideal for every
archetype at creation - a maximal dataset for a universal usecase.

So the current intent of use of the archetype includes within a report,
within DSS, a clinical summary and any other way of utilising it.  The
archetype can then be constrained to make it 'fit for purpose' through
context/scenario-appropriate templates.

The current Adverse Reaction archetype is a 'straw man' model that needs
considerable refining and enhancing - no doubt about it.  It represents the
thinking of a few people, based on lots of experience and only one reference
noted.  The purpose of this review is not to gather yet more business
requirements but to collate the existing research and thinking done by many
learned and expert organisations and national programs into a practical and
pragmatic model that we can take forward as the basis for sharing common
things about adverse reactions.

As you quite rightly point out, the metadata needs quite a bit of
enhancement. The review process should identify any missing data elements,
and usecases not currently anticipated.  The metadata will be improved to
support all of this.

Look forward to seeing your comments through the review.  You can comment on
each individual data element or metadata item, plus the completeness and/or
any missing elements, general issues with regard to the design of this
archetype, and other resources that should be considered for this archetype.

Kind regards

Heather