On 29/09/2016 13:31, GF wrote:
Each entry in the classification needs:
- a screen representation (‘+++')
- a description (‘moderate')

in theory these two come from DV_ORDINAL.symbol, which is a DV_CODED_TEXT. That assumes a text value of '+++' and either a description or synonym (or both) of 'moderate'.

- an expression defining the inclusion criteria ('Lower Limit' < ‘Value' < 'Higher limit'
- an expression defining the exclusion criteria ('no diagnosis of xyz')

these are semantic things and I think have to be outside of the DV_ORDINAL data type definition, which after all just represents a value. Once you add these, it becomes a disease- or test-specific definition. I'm not sure where we would put these things - I think probably in a knowledge base of semantic definitions of different test results. One might argue that SNOMED should provide that, but I'm inclined to think it belongs in a knowledge base of lab-related ranges, labels and other computational elements, like the 'presentation ranking number' and 'value for calculation support' you have below.

And perhaps each entry needs:
- Ranking number (‘1')

DV_ORDINAL.value.

- Presentation ranking number (‘4')
- Associated value for calculation support (‘100')

To my ideas the Semantic Ordinal, as described, actually is an Archetype Pattern or a Data Type.

did you mean 'of a Data Type'?

I think the above ideas are all likely to be useful, but they won't all fit inside DV_ORDINAL...

- thomas