This does raise some interesting issues about querying loinc codes. It
looks to me right now that you can't easily search for 'serum creatinine'
without including multiple codes or by using some sort of loinc aware
terminology service which understands the internal relationships. Does
anyone have experience with querying loinc?

Ian
On Thu, 16 Feb 2017 at 08:26, Bert Verhees <bert.verh...@rosa.nl> wrote:

> Thanks for the confirmation, Thomas.
>
> Bert
>
> Op wo 15 feb. 2017 om 16:22 schreef Thomas Beale <thomas.be...@openehr.org
> >:
>

> This is in my view also the correct solution and explanation. The only
> thing to add is that these bindings only make sense within archetypes
> specific to particular lab results, e.g. urinalysis or protein, or even
> just creatinine, depending on how the lab results / panels are modelled.
>
> - thomas
>

> On 15/02/2017 06:57, David Moner wrote:
> > Bert, I think you have a misconception there.
> >
> > In your example there are not codes for different units. There are
> > codes for different complex concepts: "Creatinine [Mass/volume] in
> > Serum or Plasma"  and "Creatinine [Moles/volume] in Serum or Plasma".
> > You cannot use those codes to code just the units of measurement. The
> > unit codes are pure UCUM: mg/dL and umol/L.
> >
> > In the openEHR archetype you don't need to add a particular binding at
> > the unit level of the dv_quantity. The unit value is already a
> > standard and interoperable code. And as I said before, the LOINC codes
> > are bindings for the container Element that will contain that specific
> > measurement. You only have to model the archetype to match the two
> > possible configurations:
> >
> > choice {
> >   ELEMENT   {     --> Bind to: 2160-0 Creatinine [Mass/volume] in
> > Serum or Plasma
> >      DVQuantity {
> >           unit { "mg/dL}
> >      }
> >   }
> >   ELEMENT   {     --> Bind to: 14682-9 Creatinine [Moles/volume] in
> > Serum or Plasma
> >      DVQuantity {
> >           unit { "umol/L}
> >      }