From: openEHR-implementers
[mailto:openehr-implementers-boun...@lists.openehr.org] On Behalf Of Bjørn Næss
Sent: Monday, November 27, 2017 7:35 PM
To: For openEHR implementation discussions
<openehr-implement...@lists.openehr.org>; For openEHR clinical discussions
(openehr-clinical@lists.openehr.org) <openehr-clinical@lists.openehr.org>
Subject: RE: Mandatory elements in archetypes, and user interfaces

In general I think it is correct to have some mandatory elements in many
archetypes. These are elements which defines the archetype. I.e. problem
element in Problem/Diagnosis.

We have implemented several strategies to cope with this:

·         First of all the container must be initialized to make an element
mandatory.

o   I.e. one of the element in the Problem/Diagnosis archetype must have a
value to “force” the mandatory element to have a value in the archetype.

o   Of course the container (the entry archetype) must not be mandatory, but
that’s another topic

·         We have added some extra annotations to our Form Designer/ Form
Renderer to relax the constraints when the container is empty.

·         We have the possibility to add “NULL_FLAVOUR” if the user are not
able to give any reasonable data into the element.

Example of Null Flavours – for those who might have forgotten.

<group name="null flavours">
                <concept id="253" rubric="unknown"/>
                <concept id="271" rubric="no information"/>
                <concept id="272" rubric="masked"/>
                <concept id="273" rubric="not applicable"/>
</group>

Vennlig hilsen
Bjørn Næss
Produktansvarlig
DIPS ASA

Mobil +47 93 43 29 10<tel:+47%2093%2043%2029%2010>