Dear Seref, I do not agree with this without having explored all the possibilities. I think it is important not to jump to conclusions and keep the discussion open. I have some ideas how to keep it interoperable. I like to discuss that with an open mindset.

Talking about interoperability.

By the way, how do you create FHIR messages from OpenEhr-compositions? Or how do you create Openehr-compositions from FHIR messages? You have to create a template manually, fitting that item to that datapoint, isn't it? Even within two parties using OpenEhr. You are only automagically interoperable when two parties use exact the same archetypes, else you need to puzzle the dataitems.

The same things you have to do when you need to handle a generated archetype. But it will not be that hard. Don't expect much complexity from these generated archetypes. I called them before, micro-archetypes, containing only one datapoint, or a few closely related datapoints.
With machine learning algorithms, it must not be hard to interpret them.

Don't understand me wrong, I like OpenEhr, because of the archetyped system, and the flexibility it offers. It is not by accident that I discuss it here and not in a HL7 group, although that would bring more money.

But if flexibility is slowed down by years of review, discussing and consensus over the whole world for a set of archetypes, then there is not much flexibility left. This can work very good for the archetypes which are in CKM, but all those new devices, all those new datatypes, all this new protocols, which cannot wait for these review-procedures, because the market will be jumped far ahead by then.

Best regards
Bert