When it necessary and defendable data can be collected and used.
Explicitly kinds of data and organisations are mentioned that can store more
data than most others.
Healthcare and political parties are examples special catagories.
Clause 53 deals with health and care

Gerard

https://www.gdpr.associates/download-gdpr-text-23-languages/

Special categories of personal data which merit higher protection should be
processed for health-related purposes only where necessary to achieve those
purposes for the benefit of natural persons and society as a whole, in
particular in the context of the management of health or social care services
and systems, including processing by the management and central national health
authorities of such data for the purpose of quality control, management
information and the general national and local supervision of the health or
social care system, and ensuring continuity of health or social care and
cross-border healthcare or health security, monitoring and alert purposes, or
for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical
research purposes or statistical purposes, based on Union or Member State law
which has to meet an objective of public interest, as well as for studies
conducted in the public interest in the area of public health. Therefore, this
Regulation should provide for harmonised conditions for the processing of
special categories of personal data concerning health, in respect of specific
needs, in particular where the processing of such data is carried out for
certain health-related purposes by persons subject to a legal obligation of
professional secrecy. Union or Member State law should provide for specific and
suitable measures so as to protect the fundamental rights and the personal data
of natural persons. Member States should be allowed to maintain or introduce
further conditions, including limitations, with regard to the processing of
genetic data, biometric data or data concerning health. However, this should
not hamper the free flow of personal data within the Union when those
conditions apply to cross-border processing of such data.

Gerard   Freriks
+31 620347088
  gf...@luna.nl

Kattensingel  20