From: openEHR-clinical <openehr-clinical-boun...@lists.openehr.org> On Behalf
Of Thomas Beale
Sent: Saturday, 28 July 2018 6:12 AM
To: openehr-clinical@lists.openehr.org
Subject: Re: How to define transitions in the ISM

On 01/07/2018 08:21, Heather Leslie wrote:
Hi Pablo,

Every archetype ideally needs to be designed for the maximal dataset and
universal use case. The ACTION archetypes are no different.

But you have picked up on a major gap in our tooling at present – the modellers
need the ability to be able to constrain the ACTION archetypes in templates for
each use case:

  *   to show what data points are relevant for each pathway step, and
  *   which steps are relevant to our use case.

this is indeed a limitation, more or less the 'last' semantic limitation that I
know of in the archetype formalism. It requires an addition to ADL2/AOM2, that
I have partially worked out (it is technically related to tuples), but I don't
think it is going to work in ADL 1.4. It will be another reason to move to
ADL2/AOM2...

- thomas