I think DV_QUANTITY is the option here. Someone could argue that % is not a
proper unit, but it is, both in UCUM and SNOMED CT.

DV_PROPORTION should be only used when you want to maintain the numerator
and denominator explicitly separated, as a fraction, which should not be
the case with percentages. But it is true that the definition of the type
attribute in the specification is a bit misleading: "Indicates semantic
type of proportion, including percent, unitary etc."

El jue., 3 ene. 2019 a las 7:59, Bakke, Silje Ljosland (<
silje.ljosland.ba...@nasjonalikt.no>) escribió:

> Hi everyone, happy new year!
>

> We’ve just hit a question about modelling choices, how to represent
> percentages. We have a data type DV_PROPORTION, which can be used to
> represent any proportion such as a fraction or a percentage, and we have
> the DV_QUANTITY data type which can have % as the unit. In most existing
> archetypes such as the OBSERVATION.pulse_oximetry archetype, we’ve used the
> DV_PROPORTION data type for the percent elements, while for some reason in
> the draft EVALUATION.alcohol_consumption_summary archetype we’ve chosen
> DV_QUANTITY with the unit ‘%’ for the “Strength” element.
>

> We’ve had a look at the data types documentation (
> https://specifications.openehr.org/releases/RM/latest/data_types.html),
> and we can’t really find any guidance in the examples there. Is there any
> guidance about this anywhere else? Does anyone have any opinions about when
> to use each data type for percentages?
>

> Kind regards,
> *Silje Ljosland Bakke*
>

> Information Architect, RN
>
> Coordinator, National Editorial Board for Archetypes
> Nasjonal IKT HF, Norway
>
> Tel. +47 40203298
>
> Web: http://arketyper.no / Twitter: @arketyper_no
> <https://twitter.com/arketyper_no>